Are you simply done with your modem because it isn’t really satisfying your internet-related needs? If the answer to this question is yes, then you are in a desperate need to perform a Nighthawk router setup. Do you know why I’m saying this? Because Netgear WiFi routers are capable of handling all the high-bandwidth activities that require a stable internet speed. So, whether you want to watch a movie on Netflix, play games online, or download multiple applications at the same time on your system, you can rely on a Netgear router. Trust me, it won’t let you down.
In order to fully benefit from a Netgear Nighthawk router, it is important for you to know how to set it up. There are two methods through which you can set up a router; First by using the Nighthawk App, and second with the assistance of the Manual method. Let’s go through both the setup methods one-by-one. Keep reading.
Steps to Set Up Your Netgear Router By Using the Nighthawk App
The first way through which you can perform a Netgear router setup is by using the Nighthawk application. This app operates on both Android as well as iOS devices. So, regardless of what device you use, you can easily set up your router by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Make sure that your router as well as the existing modem are powered on.
- Is the power LED light on your router stable? If yes, then proceed to download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
- Once the Netgear Nighthawk application is installed properly, enter the required login details.
- Now, walk through the on-screen instructions to complete setting up your Nighthawk router.
Steps to Set Up Your Netgear Router By Using the Manual Method
Another method with the help of which you can learn how to setup Nighthawk router is the Manual method, also know as Netgear Installation Assistant. Follow the below-outlined steps to perform a router setup by using the Manual method:
- To initiate the router setup process, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and another end to the existing modem.
- Then, power on both your WiFi devices.
- Access the Netgear Nighthawk router login page after switching your computer on.
- You can also use the default IP address (192.168.1.1.) of your router to access the Netgear Nighthawk router login page.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard to proceed further.
- Once you are directed to the Nighthawk router login page, enter the default login credentials.
Note: Confused about what the default credentials of your router are? Don’t be. Simply refer to the Netgear manual. If that doesn’t suit you, then feel free to contact us.
- The minute you hit Log In, you’ll be taken to the Netgear Setup Genie Wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on it to finish setting up your Nighthawk router.
That’s how you set up your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router. If at any point, you still feel like the setup methods have pushed your head inside a hole, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.