Kitchen Remodeling is always an exciting event. Homeowners that want a fresh look for their own enjoyment or are looking to sell their home have many choices to make.
Flooring, cabinets, porcelain countertops, and other design factors provide options in beauty, quality, ease of use, and resale value. You can use porcelain slabs in interior spaces like flooring, hearths, backsplashes, and walls.
Many homeowners don’t know the benefits of porcelain slabs as countertops so we are here to tell you exactly that:
|Loan for gulf|
|online loan in dubai|
|personal loan in dubai|
|business loan in dubai|
|bank loan in dubai|
What Are Porcelain Slabs?
Porcelain is man-made and is usually made up of the mineral kaolinite. Kaolinite is a clay commonly known as china clay. The kaolinite is covered with a pigmented glaze before being fired at intense heat.
This gives the slab color consistency throughout. You can also sometimes see veins in porcelain similar to the ones in granite and marble. Since it is non-porous and durable, clean-up is easy and needs a damp sponge only.
These days, porcelain is commonly comprised of kaolin, feldspar, quartz, and clay. Let’s look at the benefits of porcelain slabs:
Benefits Of Porcelain Slab Countertops For Your Kitchen
Choosing porcelain slabs for your kitchen has many impressive benefits:
- Heat resistance. Porcelain slab countertops are heated at 1,000 degrees or more which means they can withstand the heat a stove or oven can generate.
- Stronger. Porcelain slabs are 30% stronger compared to other natural stone countertops. You won’t have to deal with scratches, nicks, chips, or cracks.
- Porcelain slabs don’t require sealing compared to other natural stones. Since it’s not a porous material, stains and bacteria won’t get into the slab.
- Cleanup is easy. A damp cloth or sponge is enough. Even if you use harsh chemicals like bleach to remove a stain, you won’t harm the porcelain slab.
- Porcelain slabs are available in a wide range of designs and colors.
- There won’t be discoloration in the matte or polished styles of porcelain slabs.
- A porcelain slab’s size makes it more versatile compared to other natural stones. A slab is usually 10 feet by five feet and 3/16 of an inch thick. If it fits in with your design options, you can continue the slabs from counters into backsplashes, wall panels, cabinet door covers, flooring, and other design options.
- Porcelain slabs are perfect to be used outside. If you want an outdoor kitchen, then porcelain slabs are the perfect choice to go with. Homeowners can turn their indoor kitchens into outdoor kitchens without missing a beat.
If you are interested in purchasing porcelain countertops, visit Artline Kitchen & Bath Store in Buffalo Grove or buy porcelain countertops online. They are offering free Design Consultation,100% satisfaction guarantee, and a great selection of material.
Elements Of Porcelain Slab Countertops
Another part of choosing kitchen accessories is looking at sinks and stoves. Many kitchens have a cooktop on the island or a sink and sometimes both. The issue is that the space for the sink and cooktop has to be cut into the stone slabs.
This is not the case with porcelain. Manufacturers have found a way to combine sinks and cooktops into their slabs. This gives a continuity of design and beauty in kitchens that homeowners won’t get with other natural stones.
Bathrooms are a bit different. Homeowners will only need an integrated sink in the bathroom. However, one or two porcelain colors will provide a great flow in bathrooms that tiles can’t give.
This age is of sustainable homes. Reducing our carbon footprint is essential for the planet’s health. Whether it is builders or contractors who are looking for green materials to put into the house.
Homeowners are thoughtful to use porcelain in their homes. Since it is mostly made of clay, it is sustainable. You can also recycle it at the next kitchen remodel. So go ahead and load your space with this stylish building material. The planet will be grateful to you for this.
Cost Of Porcelain Slabs
Money matters more when it’s going out the door as a contractor brings something in. However, it’s different when he brings in a custom porcelain countertop.
Usually, porcelain countertops are around $60 to $120 per square foot. This depends on factors like the part of the country in which you live, the color and edge options you order, its size, and how easy it is to install. Still, unlike the cost of a quartz, granite, or marble slab of the same color, size, and installation process, porcelain is extremely affordable.
Kitchen Remodeling is enjoyable because you can create a new look and feel for your current space. Much of home renovations are how the building material flows. If there is no fluidity and continuity, the house will look choppy and cramped. Porcelain slabs installed around your home will create a luxurious, fluid feel to your home without breaking the bank. Use porcelain for the natural stone, and you can have a house that looks like a magazine picture. Isn’t that what everyone wants for their houses?