Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 router is one of the best devices to get steady an uninterrupted internet signals on all your WiFi-enabled devices everywhere in your house. The AC1900 router comes with a majority of features, giving its users an outstanding surfing experiencing. Regarding AC1900 router setup, it is very easy to perform. However, many users find it a rocket-science. If you are also one of those who are facing the router setup issue, you have redirected at the right post. Here, you will get to know some of the best ways to set up your Netgear router with ease. Let’s get started!
How to Install Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Router?
Attach the Antennas
- Right of the bat, attach the antennas on the antenna port of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Position the antennas vertically for the best WiFi performance. Once done, proceed towards the next step.
Prepare your Modem
- Unplug your modem’s power.
- If your modem has a battery backup, remove the battery carefully.
Connect your Modem
- Plug in your modem into a working power source.
- Insert the modem’s battery back in.
- Once done, cable your modem to the internet port of the Nighthawk AC1900 router.
Power on the Netgear Nighthawk Router
The Power LED on AC1900 lights amber and then turns white when your router is ready after receiving steady power supply from the wall socket.
Connect a Device
You can use an Ethernet connection or a WiFi connection to connect your WiFi-enabled device to AC1900.
To connect with WiFi:
- Enter the router’s SSID and password.
To connect with Ethernet:
- Connect one end of the cable to the router and other end to the WiFi-enabled device.
Launch a Web Browser
- First and foremost, ensure that the web browser you are using is up-to-date.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. In the event if you encounter with login issue, then ensure that you aren’t using the browser’s search bar.
- Once you’re done with entering the web address, hit the Enter key.
- Enter the router’s username and password.
- Click on Log In once you’re done.
- Netgear Genie Setup Wizard displays.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen to complete the Nighthawk router setup process in minutes.
Get the Netgear Genie App
We suggest you download and install the Netgear Genie app. The app let you monitor your router and your WiFi even when you are outside your home network. Apart from that, the Genie app easily shares media, files, and printers over the WiFi network from your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
On the off chance if you are experiencing issues while setting up your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900, try a few fixes given below to rectify the router installation problem in minutes.
- Make sure that your Netgear router, modem, PC, laptop, and mobile devices are receiving continuous power supply.
- Also, ensure to place your Netgear router in reach of your modem.
- Be sure to connect your mobile devices, laptop and desktop to your router’s WiFi only.
- Avoid using the browser’s URL bar for entering www.routerlogin.net. In case, the web address does not work for you, use 192.168.1.1 instead.
- Use the correct router login credentials.
- Power cycle your Nighthawk router, modem, and the WiFi-enabled devices.
- Make sure that you haven’t hidden your Netgear router and the modem. Consider placing them on a higher and center location of your house.
Do you own a Netgear WiFi extender? If yes, then apply the same steps as mentioned above for a hassle-free Netgear WiFi extender setup process. Only make sure to make use of the following points:
- Use www.mywifiext.net instead of www.routerlogin.net.
- Use extender’s login credentials instead of the router.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s WiFi.
- For more assistance, contact us via comments.