Buying a used car in Dubai can be a smart and cost effective way of owning a car. However, it is important to be sure that the car is reliable, especially with so many used cars for sale in Dubai.
There are certain steps you can take to evaluate the reliability of a used car in Dubai before you buy it. The first step you should take when assessing the reliability of a used car in Dubai is to check the car’s history. Ask the seller for any record of maintenance and repairs, as well as any previous accidents. This will give you an idea of how well the car was maintained, as well as how reliable it has been in the past.
Another important step is to inspect the car closely. Check for any signs of rust or damage, and look for any signs of wear and tear. You should also look out for any signs of water damage or mechanical issues. If you are not sure whether something is wrong, it is best to get a professional car inspection done.
BEFORE YOU SEE THE CAR: Do your homework before you come for the test drive. Check the car’s cons, its reliability, fuel efficiency, parts availability and where to go to have it serviced.
BEFORE STARTING THE ENGINE: Before you get behind the wheel, there are a few things to do.
- Watch the paint, It’s true that sun damage is a factor, but a completely different hue is a no. If any part of the vehicle is colored differently than the rest of the car, it is very likely that it was replaced as a result of an accident.
- Look under the vehicle to see if there are any defects.
- Check for rust or damage, As you check the underside, check for leaks or oil stains. Although it’s not a big problem, it should be solved.
- Walk around the vehicle and check that all lines are straight, especially on the door panels. If a part of the car does not fit, it means that a substandard repair has been made on the car. A few subtle dents or scratches are not significant.
- Check if the tires are damaged and look at their data. The test centers in the UAE do not allow tires older than 3 years. If they are too old, they should be replaced to avoid any risk. Tires should also not have flat spots. Because flat spots are an unmistakable sign that the tires have been sitting for a long time. Don’t forget to look at the spare wheel as well.
- Check tire alignment. If it’s uneven, it should be fixed.
- Watch the liquids and see if they are filled.
- Open the hood to check the oil. Dip the dipstick to check the color. The oil should be clear, but a dark brown or black color should signal a change. If the color is muddy gray, it means the engine has a blown gasket or a cracked head. Both are expensive to repair.
- Open and close all doors.
STARTING THE ENGINE
Check the air conditioning. It should not buffer or give off hot air.
See exhaust emissions. The smoke should be minimal and light in color. Any other color is a bad sign. Tap the buttons to check if they work.
Lift the hood to hear the engine. Unusual noises indicate a technical problem.
You should also take the car for a test drive. This will give you a better understanding of how it drives and how reliable it is. During the test drive, pay attention to how the car handles and how smooth the engine is.
DRIVE THE CAR
- A valid driving license is required for a test drive in the UAE.
- Turn off everything inside and perk up your ears for strange noises.
- If there is a howling noise, it could be a tire, driveshaft, transmission, or differential problem. Depending on the affected part, they may or may not be costly to repair.
- Stop the vehicle without holding the steering wheel. It should stop in a straight line.
- Drive 100 km backwards to check the rear cameras.
- Put all the gears in to see if the ride is smooth.
- Test the brakes to see if they work.
- Brake while driving. There should be no grinding noise.
Finally, before you buy a used car in Dubai, it is essential that you compare prices and features. Look at the car’s features and compare them to other used cars for sale in Dubai. This will help you find the best deal and ensure that you get a reliable car.
In conclusion, buying a used car in Dubai can be a great option for those looking for a cost-effective way to own a car. Just make sure to take the time to assess the reliability of the car before you buy it. Check its history, inspect it closely, take it for a test drive, and compare prices and features to other used cars for sale in Dubai. By doing so, you can be sure that you are buying a reliable used car in Dubai.