HP Printer does not Scan on the Computer. This Issue can be caused by either the scanning being disabled on your PC or the scanning driver not being installed correctly. To fix this problem, you need to enable the scanning feature on your PC. Learn How to Troubleshoot the HP Printer not Responding on Mac PC error 59 f0.
- Find the model number for that HP printer model in Windows.
- Select the Printer’s name in the list of results. This will launch HP Printer Assistant.
- Allow scanner actions. Select to manage scans on the Computer.
- Hit click the Enable button to start the Scan of the Computer.
How to Troubleshoot HP Printer, not Scan Issue?
Despite its high-end appearance, performance can be affected due to improper settings. If you’ve experienced this Issue frequently, you need to look at this article. You can fix the HP printer that isn’t scanning by following these steps. Let’s look at the causes and possible solutions.
Verify Printer Compatibility
Despite the most recent software, it’s not functioning. It is because of a compatibility issue related to the type of Printer. Confirming that you’re an HP Printing model that can work with the most current OS is necessary. It is possible to check this on HP’s site. If you discover that the Printer you have selected isn’t compatible with Windows 10, you can upgrade the Printer. Windows 10. When this happens, your only alternative is to update the Printer.
Reinstalling HP Printer Software
Your Printer’s software may run using an older firmware incompatible with the scanner feature. In this situation, you’ll need to upgrade the printer software to determine the Issue. HP printer cannot scan. The drivers used to perform scanning are outdated as time passes and may cause issues when they are not updated. So, updating HP printer drivers and software is an absolute requirement. Get to know as well for hp printer password reset.
Here are the steps you must follow to get your HP Printer Software.
- Utilize to press the Windows R key to launch the Run box.
- In the ‘appwiz’. CPL in the text box and then click OK.
- Select to Download HP printer software using the program’s options and the features available in Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall and then click the “Yes” button. Restart your PC after uninstalling your HP printer software.
- HP Printers Remove HP Printers from the list of scanners and printers. The removal process is easy.
- Go through Settings > Printers and Scanners. Choose the printer model you wish to eliminate. Click Remove device.
- Go to your HP Support page. Select the model of the Printer you want to use in the search box.
- The most recent and compatible drivers and software pages will open. Please choose the correct Windows 10 version, 32-bit or 64-bit.
- You can download and install the newest driver for your printer model.
- There’s a good chance that the Printer could start printing and scanning usually.
Use the HP Print and Scan Trouble-shooter
HP’s official support app comprises HP Print as well as Scan Doctor. It identifies and solves the Issue related to HP scanning devices and printers. It is possible to use HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve problems related to scanning.
- You must connect your Printer using USB and wired connections to the Computer.
- Install the HP Printer & Scan Doctor application for customers via the official HP support site.
- Double-click on HPPSdr.exe and then click Run.
- Start the software’s window. Choose the Start button and then select to select the Fix Scanning alternative.
- A troubleshooter can identify the Issue in a matter of minutes. If the program detects errors, it will lead users through the following steps to help them understand the procedure.
- HP Printer Scan won’t repair the Issue.
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, firewalls block the Printer on the network, which blocks communication. You should remove or turn off this feature—Windows Defender Firewall or any other antivirus software installed on your PC. Following the steps listed below, you can switch off Windows Defender Firewall.
- Enter firewall in the search box.
- Open Control Panel and look for Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click to turn Windows Defender Firewall Off.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor can be used as well to disable WDF.
We hope that you’re able to resolve your HP Printer. Not scan Issue can be solved by following the steps above. If, at any time, your scanning issue persists and you need assistance, contact our technical team for help.